Thursday, September 22, 2011

So last weekend, I got seriously Mom'ed.  Yes, that's a word because I am the president of words, and yes, I got flown back to LA for a weekend (last minute trip) because Mom wanted me to get checked out by "real doctors".  I'll be the first to admit that the doctors at student health centers are typically not the elite members of their profession, but this seemed a little excessive.  Then again, even against fervent denials from Mom, I think this was a thinly veiled attempt to get me home for some quality time.  Can't say I didn't like it.

I arrived Thursday night and went to the see the doctor at 8:30 the next morning.  She moved my arm around, had me move my arm around, then had me move my arm around while pressing against her arm (not moving around), and lo and behold, the shoulder was still fucked in exactly the same way.  Science!  I did, however, get a flu shot and a tetanus vaccination out of the deal, so now I am well fortified.  Forty-fied?  That came later.

The real highlight of the impromptu vacation was the quality time I got to spend with my favorite LA residents (sans one or two, you know who you are): Mom and Joe, Sara and Dylan, John, Ian, and Dave.  In the short span of 3 nights, the world became clear once more and the shenanigans piled high into the sky like divine nachos.  Of course, considering that I was mostly drunk between the hours of 5pm and 2am each night, I didn't get a chance to take many pictures with my intelligent communications device, but I will do my best to use my words and describe a few highlights.  In the form of Haiku.

My shoulder is broke
Woe is me, what shall I do?
Barkeep, more beer please.

Music from up high.
Is that His divine presence?
Nay, John's house growls.

Sometimes you need air
As well as thirty dollars
To buy a giraffe.

Farmer's Market is,
among other things, a place
for great merriment.

A long time apart.
Old friends are the truest friends.
They become new again.

Drinking to excess,
To the past or to fight Zool?
Do them both at once.

Family is there.
Tired soul, weary body,
Family takes care.

And a smattering of pictures:

 Self explanatory

 That happened.

 It's impossible to put you in my head, but if you'd have been there when I took this, it would have been magical for both of us.

HAH.  It's a myth.

Not pictured: insanely good ramen, shrimp toast, and chicken meatballs at Robata Jinya (thank you again, Dylan!).  Get it.

-Dt

No comments:

Post a Comment