Friday, September 30, 2011

You gotta help me

You gotta help me, doc doc doc doc docta beat



What is up with that hat?  It's like the flying nun meets Krusty the clown.  It's terrifying.  I don't know how I should handle my eyeballs anymore.

At least I know how to handle my earballs:



This song greeted me at Octane this morning and really just set the tone right for the rest of my day.  Getting work done, thinking about bikes, not getting work done anymore because I'm thinking about bikes, not being able to ride bikes because of my shoulder, stopping thinking about bikes, getting work done, etc.  And then at the end of it all will be this:

http://fluxprojects.org/

Balling with the ballerifics.  Big shout out to Eliot for his work on the dodecacycle, which will obviously be pulling a gypsy band in tow as it rolls through Castleberry Hill.  Obviously.  But wait, what is a dodecacycle?  12 wheels, 6 bikes, all linked together, riding like a parallel tandem bike down the street with Big Pimpin' playing in the background (sans the music).  Should be pretty wild.

And now, the last week in review:

Someone came to Ultimate on Saturday (in which I did not play, but partook with beer on the sidelines) with this crazy dog.  This crazy dog that fits in a frisbee.  Chester's frisbee.

 I super want this bag, although it's huge... but I guess that's the point.  Super weatherproof, super rad, can expand to 65 fucking liters.  That is the size of my backpacking pack.  Ridic.

 Picture review of Fox Bros BBQ in Atlanta:  We (Eliot + David) got to the restaurant, tucked away in South Atlanta and packed out because the weather was awesome.  We were seated inside almost immediately, after which we were assaulted by good looking waitresses demanding our orders for foods.  Because it was our first time at FBBBQ, we went for the tantalizing appetizer of deep fried pork ribs.  Yep, that happened.  Grade: A

 Part 2:  After (during?) a delicious Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA, our main courses arrived, which were not so much courses as duplications of one course, because great minds think alike.  Pulled pork is, after all, the litmus test of good BBQ, and I was not disappoint.  The white meat was a little tough, but the darker stuff just fell apart, and the Fox-a-roni (brunswick stew + mac and cheese) was incredible.  Decent sauce too.  I can see the fuss (the ribs were better).  Grade: B+ (deductions for tough whiteys)

 Then I got bored in my Transducers class.

And ate some corn like a boss.

It's been a pleasure.

More to come after FLUX tonight.

-Dt

No comments:

Post a Comment